JOIN OUR CHOIR
RESOUND is Durham Region’s newest contemporary-classical choir. Founded in 2019, the choir has mandates of excellence in choral performance and meaningful community outreach. Our outreach component is comprised of premiering 4-part arrangements of emerging composers, creating community with singers across the Region by singing large choral works together with orchestra, and working with front-line community service organizations to raise awareness and support of their work. We are a registered charity with a very active Board. Our Artistic Director, Thomas Burton, has a Master of Music degree in Choral Conducting from the University of Michigan and has received numerous prestigious music awards.
- Email – RESOUNDbizManager@gmail.com
- Phone – 905.718.0533
YOU CAN ALSO FIND US AT
RESOUND Choir will be holding auditions for new members in August & September, 2022. We are very excited about our upcoming 2022/2023 semesters! Our next season will feature three concerts (one with orchestra), three commissions along with a professional recording of our commissioned pieces, and a collaboration with another choir.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at resoundchoir.ca. For the 10-minute audition, singers are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute a cappella excerpt that shows their voice well. In addition, the Artistic Director, Thomas Burton, may ask for any of the following: range check, sight-reading, sing backs, vocal exercises.
Jerry Blackstone (ABOVE)
Professor Emeritus of Music (conducting)
Director of Choirs (retired)
School of Music, Theatre & Dance
University of Michigan
Dr. Karen Burke (LEFT)
CHOIR DIRECTOR • SONGWRITER • EDUCATOR • CLINICIAN
More about Dr. Burke here: https://karenburke.ca/home
TWO WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Audit choir rehearsals. This option is for people who want to improve their singing skills without the pressure of an audition, attendance expectations, or performances.
- Join the core choir. For the 10-minute virtual audition, singers are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute a cappella excerpt that shows their voice well. In addition, the Artistic Director, Thomas Burton, may ask for any of the following: range check, sight reading, sing backs, vocal exercises. Core choir members have attendance requirements and must participate in all performances and recordings.
- Auditions: TBA in August/September 2022 in person in Oshawa.
- First rehearsal of the upcoming semester: TBA
- Concerts: December 2022, March 2023, June 2023
- Adult (26 to 65) – $225 per season (September through June)
- Youth – $150 per season (September through June)
- We issue a charitable receipts for membership fees
- Please note: If you are having financial stress (eg COVID-19 related) that makes these fees difficult, please let us know (we are flexible).