JOIN RESOUND CHOIR
RESOUND is Durham Region’s newest contemporary-classical choir. Founded in 2019, the choir has mandates of excellence in choral performance and meaningful community outreach. Our outreach component is comprised of premiering 4-part arrangements of emerging composers, creating community with singers across the Region by singing large choral works together with an orchestra, and working with front-line community service organizations to raise awareness and support of their work. We are a registered charity with a very active Board. Our Artistic Director, Thomas Burton, has a Master of Music degree in Choral Conducting from the University of Michigan and has received numerous prestigious music awards. Join RESOUND CHOIR NOW!
- Email – RESOUNDbizManager@gmail.com
- Phone – 905.718.0533
YOU CAN ALSO FIND US AT
HOW DO YOU JOIN RESOUND CHOIR?
RESOUND Choir will be holding auditions for new members in September, 2023. We are very excited about our 2023/2024 season which will feature three concerts. RESOUND Choir is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We especially encourage singers from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to audition.
Contact us at RESOUNDBizManager@gmail.com for more information.
TWO WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Audit choir rehearsals. This option is for people who want to improve their singing skills without the pressure of an audition, attendance expectations, or performances. They train with the core choir for 8 weeks.
- Join the core choir. For the 10-minute audition, singers are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute a cappella excerpt that shows their voice well. The Artistic Director, Thomas Burton, may ask for any of: range check, sight reading, sing backs, vocal exercises.
INFORMATION FOR AFTER YOU JOIN RESOUND CHOIR?
- Auditions: September, 2023 in person in Oshawa.
- First rehearsal of the upcoming semester: September 10, 2023 at 7pm
- Concerts: December 2, 2023; March 24, 2024; June 15, 2024
- Adult (26 +) – $270 per season (September through June)
- Youth (25 -) – $185 per season (September through June)
- We issue a charitable receipts for membership fees
- Please note: If you are having financial stress that makes these fees difficult, please let us know (we are flexible).